While the photo booth selection is growing, there are many different things you should look for while selecting the right photo booth company. It’s nice that there is such a wide variety of choices, however that does not mean you can just go with any company.
The best way to select your wedding photo booth is to do your homework. Ask your friends if they know of any reputable companies. Friends are a great way to start the assignment because most of them have been to an event where there has been a photo booth. Once you have a general idea check out their website. Have they taken the time to give you a nice, user friendly presentation? Do they offer different options for you to choose from? Have they made your time and experience as effortless as possible? Once you have found a few companies that you are interested in, try contacting them. Reputable companies will do their best to respond to you within 24 hours of your initial inquiry. Make sure you have a company that is not only reachable on the web, but also available via telephone.
Here is a quick guide of questions that you should be considering:
1) Are you licensed and insured? Reputable companies will operate their business legally with a business license as well as insurance. Watch for those companies that are asking you to make out a personal check or asking for cash payments.
2) Are you familiar with my venue? It is important to have a vendor that knows where they are going, and can understand that different venues have different expectations.
3) Is this your primary business? With the growing popularity for a wedding photo booth, other vendors such as DJ’s, and photographers are jumping on the band wagon and offering photo booths. Is your vendor really trying to deliver a quality product, or just trying to make is failing business a few extra bucks?
4) Is your photo booth really a photo booth? Are you looking for those private candid photos that people are going to be talking about months past your event? Some “photo booth” retailers are offering their own version of a photo booth. Most are constructed of a backdrop and a photographer standing there taking four photos of you and then photo editing them into a strip. Make sure you are getting a quality built photo booth, and not a shower curtain hanging from a pole.
5) What quality of prints will I get? Make sure to ask what type of cameras and printers will be used. Shy away from web cams, and inkjet printers due to poor quality and appearance
6) Do you have any referrals or references? If your prospective vendor can not produce at least a few nice words of praise, then I would beware.
7) Will I sign a contract? READ AND SIGN A CONTRACT! Too many times people will hire their entertainment without doing this, and it can come back to haunt you.
8) What happens if the photo booth does not work at my wedding reception? Reliable vendors will always have a back up plan! Ask your prospective what their’s is. See if they are able to bring you a back up device or if they have an on call technician.
9) Will you be at any upcoming events where I can see you in action? While it is not always easy for vendors to have someone show up at someone else’s private event, there are always alternatives. Bridal shows are one of the best ways to see your prospective in action. There you will be able to test out the equipment, see how the business operates, and ask as many questions as you need. Another way is to keep watch of their facebook. Good photo booth companies often donate their services to local charity and fundraising events which are typically open to the public.
10) How much do you charge? While this seems to be the most important to some people these days, you should do your best to avoid basing decisions on price alone. You may find a really unbelievable price that you think you cannot pass up, however ask the questions above, and see if it still that great of a deal to you. Check for fees such as setup and tear down, or travel fees.
Now that you have the tools to make an educated decision, it will make selecting your wedding photo booth rental vendor much easier. Once you have made your decision to book a photo booth, please feel free to contact Special Moments Photo Booth for any questions you may have. We have been serving the Northern Illinois, Southern Wisconsin, Quad Cities, Southern Illinois, Chicago and Rockford areas for over 5 years now. Providing quality customer service driven excellence in photo booths!